With a fantastic number of entries into the Clear Channel Outdoor Planning Awards 2013, in association with Haymarket Brand Republic Group, the shortlist for all five categories will be announced next month. A key date in the industry calendar and running for the seventh consecutive year, the Outdoor Planning Awards will celebrate the planning and strategy behind the most effective outdoor campaigns of 2012, a year of landmark events and festivities which challenged brands to create their own advertising legacy.
Emma Newman, Marketing Director of Clear Channel, said: “Great planning is fundamental to all successful out-of-home campaigns. These awards celebrate excellence in outdoor planning, both as a stand-alone proposition and as part of the wider media mix. We’re thrilled to once again recognise those planners who have demonstrated outstanding innovation, insight and real business impact during what was an extraordinary year, both for the out-of-home sector and the UK.”
A panel of judges, chaired by Philip Smith, Head of Content Solutions, Brand Republic Group, will decide on the shortlists at a judging day in March 2013. Judges include:
- Chris Pelekanou, Commercial Director, Clear Channel
- Mike Baker, Chief Executive, OMC
- Angie Elsley, Client Services Director, Carat Manchester
- George Prest, Executive Creative Director, R/GA
- Gill Reid, Head of Out-Of-Home, MediaCom
- Mark Rose, UK Brand Manager, BP
- Rian Shah, Head of Strategy, ZenithOptimedia
- Richard Smith, Head of Marketing Communications Planning, Marks and Spencer
- Stuart Sullivan-Martin, Chief Strategy Officer, MEC
- Anthony Swede, Head of Planning, Walker Media
- Bob Wootton, Director of Media and Advertising, ISBA
With almost £270 million spent during the third quarter of 2012, a new quarterly record for the sector, brands have been embracing outdoor like never before. More people are spending more time out-of-home and outdoor is the perfect medium to enable brands to meet today’s connected consumer.
Visit www.clearchannel.co.uk/planningawards for more information.